♪ It used to feel like a fairy tale ♪ ♪ Now it seems we were just pretending ♪ ♪ We’d fix our world
Then on our way to a happy ending ♪ ♪ Then it turned out life
Was far less like a bedtime story ♪ ♪ Than a tragedy
With no big reveal of the hero’s glory ♪ ♪ And it seems we weren’t prepared ♪ ♪ For a game that wasn’t fair ♪ ♪ Do we just go home? ♪ ♪ Can we follow through? ♪ ♪ When all hope is gone, ♪ ♪ There is one thing we can do ♪ ♪ Let’s just live! ♪ ♪ Day by day and not be conquered by our sorrows ♪ ♪ The past can’t hold us down
We must break free ♪ ♪ Inside we’re torn apart ♪ ♪ But time will mend our hearts ♪ ♪ Move onward not there yet ♪ ♪ So let’s just live! ♪ *ship horn blares* *bell rings* *bell rings* *bell rings* Oh… SUN: [awed] Whoa… whoa… SUN: I’ve never seen so many Faunus in one place! BLAKE: This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are. Wow. Sure is, uh, crowded, huh? Yes. Yes, it is. SUN: Is it always so… cramped? Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that’s two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped. What?! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone! It’s not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions. So, they gave us a terrible island in the corner of Remnant to try and shut us up. That’s a pretty good summary, yeah. Huh. Jerks. BLAKE: We’ve tried to make the best of things. Whoa… BLAKE: This is Kuo Kuana. It’s… beautiful. I take it all back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave? That’s not the point, Sun. We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else. Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So, we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome. But this island, this town, will always be a reminder that we’re still not equal. That we’re still second-class citizens. Well, hey, this guy’s feeling pretty at home. [sighs] Alright. Time to go home. Oh, yeah? Which one’s yours? Can you see it from here? Kind of. Is it that one? What about that tiny one down there? I like the paintjob. It’s… that one. [squeals quietly] What is it? I, um… It’s just been a long time since I’ve seen my parents. Well, you came all this way. *loud bang* Okay, if we’re being honest, that’s kind of intimidating. *door opens* Blake? Hi, Mom. Oh, my baby girl. GHIRA: Kali, who is it? KALI: We were horrified when we heard the news. The Kingdom of Vale wasn’t perfect, but it certainly didn’t deserve what happened. [sighs] We were both so worried. [chuckling] Please, I knew she’d be fine! [scoffs] That isn’t the slightest bit true. You should’ve seen him pacing. You guys have nothing to worry about. I’ve seen your daughter in action before! And trust me, she’s got some moves! And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Wukong? I, uh… well, you see, sir, it’s just that… you know, she’s such a good fighter and all, uh, and as a fellow fighter, I have a lot of respect for her. Why is he here again?
– And her fighting. But also for her. He just kind of followed me home.
– Uh, b-because of her fighting, not her looks! He just kind of followed me home.
– I-I mean, not to say she’s not good-looking! I see…
– She is! Very! Or… slightly? She’s definitely above average! I mean, uh… This tea is really good! [chuckles nervously] I like him. Mom! *loud bang* Darn it, I completely forgot about the meeting! Ghira… Give me a moment. Is everything okay? Yes, dear, just poor timing. He can reschedule. It’s just been hard dealing with them lately. Dealing with who? Mm? The White Fang. What?!
– What?! Dad! Blake, what’s wrong? Miss Belladonna. We had no idea you’d returned. What are you doing talking to these people? This is Corsac and Fennec Albain. They represent the White Fang here in Menagerie now. Those psychos are here, too?! Young man, I’m not sure of what you’ve heard of our organization, but I can assure you we’re not nearly as ferocious as the media would have you believe. What we’ve heard? We’ve seen firsthand. Your fanatics slaughtered people! What is she talking about? Precisely what we came to discuss with you, Your Grace. Is everything all right? Wait, you guys seriously don’t know?! Know what? The White Fang was at the Fall of Beacon. They attacked innocent civilians and they released Grimm into the school. Is this true? Sadly, Your Grace, it is. Don’t act like you’re s–
– That’s enough! Explain yourselves. Though it pains us to admit, it has become apparent that the Vale branch of the White Fang is no longer operating under orders of High Leader Khan. Rather, they’ve elected to follow the rule of one Adam Taurus. I believe you’re all familiar with the young adept and his… extreme philosophies. You know, Beacon wasn’t the first time the Fang started shooting up Vale! The High Council had their suspicions of a splinter group, but they could prove nothing until this latest incident. BLAKE: “Incident?” People are dead! And it is a tragedy. Your Grace, we came to assure you that Brother Taurus and his followers do not represent the will of the White Fang. And how can I be sure of that? CORSAC: We understand if you bear any skepticism towards these claims. The White Fang’s tactics are admittedly more aggressive since you stepped down as High Leader and became Chieftain of Menagerie. CORSAC: But this… this is no way to make our message heard. FENNEC: We have ample documentation from the council meeting as well as several strategies to apprehend and punish these strays if you’d care to review them. I will. But another day. I’d like some time to reconnect with my daughter. But of course, Your Grace. We completely understand. It was a pleasure to see you again, young Blake. We were saddened when we heard of your departure from the White Fang but understand if you can no longer support our cause. It is a wearying fight, after all. Who says I’m done fighting? Hmm… If you ever do wish to return, you need merely to come find us. Sister Ilia would be elated. Goodbye, gentlemen. So… those guys were creepy. I really don’t like you. FENNEC: An interesting development, wouldn’t you say? CORSAC: Interesting, indeed. So, shall we inform Brother Adam? We shall. *approaching footsteps* *approaching footsteps*
TYRIAN: Excuse me. [chuckles] I was hoping you could… help me find someone. [giggles manically] [laughs manically]