– Welcome to New York City, could I look anymore like a tourist. I don’t have any money. You did that out of the
goodness of your heart. Let’s go get a hot dog. (bright tune) You can not be on the
streets of New York City, and not get a street hot dog. I am not scared of these things, are you? I’ve just been given the
opportunity of a lifetime, I get to sell the hot dogs on
the streets of New York City. Mr. Mohamed’s gonna show me the way. How may carts are in this one area? – Each corner have at least one wagon. – Okay what else do we sell? – The hot dogs, the sauces the pretzels. – How long have you been doing this? – 20 years , doing the same. – Alright, are you gonna
let me take my first order? – Sure. – Hi.
– Oh hi. – How’s it going? – Good what can I get for you? – I’m gonna do a hot dog with the works. – You don’t have to be
in a hurry, we’re okay. – I’m always in a hurry, it’s New York. – Okay. Hot dog with the works. – We’ll have to get the other side. That looks a good hot dog. – Look I’m gonna do what you did. Oh yeah. – [Customer] Wow.
– [Mohamed] Wonderful. – I’m gonna give you a little
bit of chili because I think it’s cold outside and you need it. See my mom would just say I
don’t even need the hot dog, after you put all that in it. – Oh that’s the works.
– That’s a good shape hot dog. – How much are these? Four dollars.
– Three dollars. – Three? You get a deal!
– [Customer] Thank you. – Thanks for coming, have a great day. I think your prices are
pretty good for New York. – For New York, yes. – Hot dogs, get your hot dogs. (bangs tongs) – Did I do a good job? Today’s my first day on the job. – Ah yes. – Will you taste it and
tell me if you like it? – Really good. – [Mohamed] Okay that’s a wonderful thing. – You have 10 points. (laughs) – Thank you I got 10 points I’ll take it. – Now I have an assistant. – Does anyone ever drive by, and order one like a drive thru? – Oh yeah of course. – Have you ever sold a hot
dog to a famous person? – Wendy Williams. – Yeah? #wendywilliams Alright Mohamed we’ve hit
like a little dead spot, so what if I go out and
drum you up some business? – I would be happy with that. – See when I get hot dogs, where I’m from, it’s usually in a stadium. So you have to walk around and say, hot dogs, get your hot dogs. – Okay, please do that. Let me see I mean … – Hot dogs, get ya hot dogs. Only three dollars. Four dollars. Hot dog get your hot dog. Who’s hungry? They’re on sale. Free hot dogs, free hot dogs. Free 99. Hot dogs, they’re free right now. – Really? – No but I’ll buy you one. Keep trying? – Yeah lets do it for
a couple more minutes. – Times Square can be a
scary place, ain’t gon’ lie. Hey there!
– [Customer] Hi how are you? – Can I get a hot dog for you? – Can I have one hot dog? – Yes how would you like it? – One with mustard and kraut. – You wanna sausage dog, or a hot dog? – Hot dog. – Mustard and kraut? I love kraut, good choice. Thank you. – Keep the change. – Oh thank you – Thank you very much, make our day. – Tip, tip. (laughs) We gotta tip, that was like an 80% tip. – For me and you six dollars, not bad. – I’ll split it with you. – The biggest amount of tip I
have ever gotten in my life. – Oh what is it?
– Guess. – $100? – More. – $500? – That’s right, yeah. – Dang, what did you have to do for that? (record skips) Today’s my first day on the job. – Oh nice, doin’ a great job. – Thank you. You just want onion on yours. – Ketchup, mustard, kraut, onion. – Where are you from? – Alabama. I know you’re much faster
than me Mohamed but, I can only go so fast. It’s gonna be the best
hot dog you ever ate. (laughs)
– Thank you very much – Y’all have a great day.
– You too. – One pretzel for the gentleman here. – I’ve never had ketchup on a pretzel. I guess I’m gonna have to try that next. Okay, I’ll take your word for it. Now y’all know how much I love a hot dog so you made like a dream come true. Not only did I get to
eat a New York hot dog. But I got to sell them to the world. Thank you again for this..
– No problem. – Amazing opportunity. I’m gonna go explore the streets. Drum you up a little more
business on my way out. – Sure thank you. – But I’m gonna need one for the road. – Sure. – This time I wanna try it
with the chili and cheese. – You got it.
– Maybe a little mustard. – You need me working
your cart more often. (laughs) God bless America.