When I started breeding animals I was nine-years-old.
One hen and one rooster and I took them to the ranch where I was born named Jalpilla,
Jalisco. For me, if you like something, it’s not hard having what you like. It’s a vice
and a pleasure and I live pleased with having animals. Well, first, they can never lack
food and water. And they must always be somewhere safe for them and where they won’t get hit,
be healthy, be 100% well, a healthy rooster is 80% and you have to put in the other 20%.
The trophy, well I had animals before and I had never competed. Last year I was invited
to a competition on a California wide level. I took four animals, three won first place
and one won 2nd place, winning the trophy out of all the animals after, one rooster
competed against all the winning roosters and was rated 99.99%, almost qualified for
100%. I won money, I won a trophy, we came out, my son and I, they put us in the record
book. In reality, I had never competed and it had been my first time. To my surprise,
I won so I know that I knew what I was doing. My time, its a part of my life, these animals
and that’s it.